Ashamed

Ashamed





16th December 2012, an unforgettable day I guess. Though in every twenty minutes in India, a girl is raped and some cases even crueler then Jyoti’s case. We know this fact for decades. Then why now people are reacting and making this so called Nirbhaya – India’s Daughter, such hype? The convicts got punishment then why still some people are protesting and filing petitions? Maybe media is running out of some fantastic magnetic ideas and that’s why hype and we all know this media hype.


That was my neutral thought before I watched the documentary – INDIA’S DAUGHTER because somewhere I thought that the change is coming but I was wrong.

I was curious to watch and learn about Jyoti from the day I heard that BBC is documenting the entire story because what really happened or what really is the thinking of other authorities or the convicts was kept blur all the time, far away from the reach of people or the fourth world. Then I heard that Delhi imposed a ban on the documentary, and I got more curious. Yesterday, my curiosity took its last breathe when finally I stream it on YouTube.

And this is what my upgraded thought is; I AM ASHAMED. Yes, I am. I am ashamed that I share gender with those people (the rapists) who are justifying their cruelty by saying that they’re trying to teach a lesson to women whose life should be confined inside house and kitchen. I am ashamed to be a part of the system whose law enforcers say that a girl should know what to wear, what to say, when to come out and with whom to go out. According to who, it was and will never is a fault of us, the men, in rape cases but only the victim. Our culture is the most fascinating culture and there is no room for women.

I am ashamed because one side we talk about gender equality and on other side we claim and try to pull them down just to prove that “WE HAVE THE BALLS NOT YOU”. Man! If you have the balls then you don’t even need to prove it!

And I am disgusted that I belong to the system which is hypothetically a democratic system but love imposing ban on those things which are our rights or which could enlighten the reality of our downgraded society and its keepers just for the sake of protecting our cultures.

Why we’re so much insecure about those golden cultures which have become a canker to equality and secularity of our country? This insecurity which is driving us away from the realism and far-far away from growth!

We have to understand that the mindset which says that women are only meant for reproduction and housekeeping can only show us the path of darkness and it need to be change. I was shocked to watch the disgusted and hypocritical reactions of some of the prominent authorities on women safety in the documentary more than Jyoti’s case itself. Cases like Jyoti’s are maybe in itself a mole to the society but the reactions of ‘leaders’ are shameful shadows which are bringing it into darkness. And all it needs is just incandescent of morality and humanity. But till then keep on shaming yourself but not anyone else that even after knowing the morality, you’re even not able to change your surrounding and its system. I’m not even able to bring the change! And I’m ashamed that I belong to the system which do not give punishment to the rapist but punish BBC for showing this to the world.


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home